Tom Yum Gai ( ต้มยำไก่ ) Chicken Sour & Spicy Soup
- 400 grams (about 1lb) boneless chicken meat diced
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 100 grams (3.5 oz) straw mushrooms, halved 6 cherry tomatoes
- 1 fresh lemon grass stem cut into short lengths
- 2-3 kaffir lime leaves, torn
- 3 tbsp fish sauce
- 4 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 5-6 hot fresh Thai chilies, just broken with pestle
- Place the broth in a pot, add the lemon grass and kaffir lime leavess, and bring to boil over medium heat.
- Add the chicken meat, mushroom, fish sauce, lime juice, and sugar. Cook slowly and uncovered for 10 minutes. Do not stir.
- Add the tomatoes and chilies and cook for 5 more minutes. Remove from heat. 4 servings.