Tod Maan ( ทอดมัน ). Perhaps you may found this snack is sold on the streets of Thailand.
- 1/2 cup (120 mL) vegetable oil (for frying)
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) sugar
- 1/2 tsp (7.5 mL) salt
- 120g green beans
- 360g ground fish or fish paste (pla kuud ปลา ขุด )
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) red curry paste
- 1 egg
- 3 Kaffir lime leaves
- Stack the lime leaves and roll them together into a tube shape. Slice them into thin strips.
- Slice the green beans into very small (½ centimetre ) pieces.
- Mince the fish.
- Mix all the ingredients except the green beans and lime leaves in a bowl.
- Stir until the mixture is smooth.
- Add the green beans and lime leaves to the mixture and stir again.
- Add the oil to a frying pan and heat to a medium temperature.
- Drop a tablespoon of the mixture into the pan and flatten slightly. When the bottom is cooked, turn over.
- When cooked on both sides, place on a paper towel to drain any extra oil. Continue with the rest of the mixture.
- Eat with sweet and sour sauce.
- You can change from fish to shrimp. It will be call “Tod Mann Kung” ( Kung means shrimp ).