“Lod Chong” (ลอดช่อง) or cendol is dessert consists of jelly noodles and coconut milk syrup.
- 1 cup rice flour (add some of arrowroot starch prefered).
- 5 cups limewater.
- 10 pandan leaves (or pandan flavor).
- sliced of cooked taro or muskmelon (optional).
- Wash pandan leaves. Slice and crush them into water.
- Thresh flour with limewater. Mix them into water with pandan then heat mixture. Always stire mixture.
- Take mixure into ricer/spaetzle maker. Press mixture into room temperature water for making cendol.
- Drain water from cendol. Eat with coconut milk syrup and ice, taro and muskmelon.
Coconut milk syrup.
- 500 g palm sugar.
- 500 g shredded coconut.
- 3/4 cup water with jasmin flavor.
- 1/4 tsp salt.
- Scrape coconut with jasmine flavor water. Separate cream of coconut milk.
- Mix palm sugar and salt into coconut milk then boil.
In the picture, coconut custard topping on sweet glutinous rice.
Thai Coconut Custard. Also called in Thai Sang-Kha-Yha (สังขยา). Thai dessert that adopted from Portuguese.
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup sugar (palm sugar preferred)
- 1/8 cup squeezed pandan leaves (Pandanus amaryllifolius, Bai Toey, ใบเตย) or pandan flavour
- Beat, stir everything together until it resembles.
- Pour into casserole dish. Cook by steam at high temperature until brown.
Mung Beans Boiling Sugar ( ถั่วเขียวต้มน้ำตาล ), Thai dessert that should not hard to do.
- 1 cup mung beans
- sugar, amount as your taste
- Wash mung beans then rinse. Submerge into water for 3 hours.
- Boil mung beans in 5 cups of water. Also remove bubbles while boiling.
- Wait until beans split then add sugar.
Pumpkin in Coconut Milk ( ฟักทองแกงบวด Faak Tong Kaeng Buad ) like previous menu but use pumpkin instead of banana. This is dessert, not soup.
- Clean pumpkin then peel its skin, also remove its seeds. Slice to small chunks like dices.
- In a pot, heat coconut milk slowly. Add salt then stir constantly.
- When coconut milk hot, put sliced pumpkin chunks wait until it is boiled.
- Add sugar.
กล้วยบวชชี (Gluay Buad Chee) Thai recipe banana-based dessert for 4 persons
- 400g coconut milk
- 2 tbsp sugar
- ½tsp salt
- 6 pcs bananas (ripen and small)
- In a pot, heat coconut milk slowly. Add sugar and salt then stir constantly.
- When coconut milk is boiled, slice bananas in 1-inch slices and put them into coconut milk and wait until it is boiled.