“Lod Chong” (ลอดช่อง) or cendol is dessert consists of jelly noodles and coconut milk syrup.
- 1 cup rice flour (add some of arrowroot starch prefered).
- 5 cups limewater.
- 10 pandan leaves (or pandan flavor).
- sliced of cooked taro or muskmelon (optional).
- Wash pandan leaves. Slice and crush them into water.
- Thresh flour with limewater. Mix them into water with pandan then heat mixture. Always stire mixture.
- Take mixure into ricer/spaetzle maker. Press mixture into room temperature water for making cendol.
- Drain water from cendol. Eat with coconut milk syrup and ice, taro and muskmelon.
Coconut milk syrup.
- 500 g palm sugar.
- 500 g shredded coconut.
- 3/4 cup water with jasmin flavor.
- 1/4 tsp salt.
- Scrape coconut with jasmine flavor water. Separate cream of coconut milk.
- Mix palm sugar and salt into coconut milk then boil.