Pla rad Prik ( ปลาราดพริก ) literally means “chili-covered fish”. Someone may spell Pla Lad Prik. Actually it is fried fish with tasty paste topping.
- 1 fish, any kind as you taste approximately 500g, washed and scales removed
- 1 tbsp tamarind pulp paste
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 2 garlic, chopped
- 1 coriander, leaves and root
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 3 red pepper chili, chopped
- cooking oil, volume enough for deep fry for fish and its paste
- water ( actually it should be found easily in kitchen )
Directions ( fried fish )
- Use knife to slit fish for making indention relates in order that heat can cook whole fish easily.
- Add cooking oil to wok then heat low temperature. Fry fish for one side, it takes approximately 10 minutes. Do not change side to fry to another side until it is fried properly.
- When one side is cooked completely, change to fry another side. It should not take long time as previous side (takes approximately 5 minutes). When both sides cooked. bring out and place into paper in order to remove exceed oil. For more crisp, roast in oven at temperatures 350 °F ( 175 °C ) for 10 minutes.
Directions ( paste for fried fish )
- Add 1 tbsp oil in wok. Heat with low temperature. Then add chili, shallot, coriander root and garlic. Fry together.
- Add tamarind pulp, fish sauce, sugar and 1 tablespoon of water. fry until it boiling. If this paste is too thick, dilute by more water.
- When finished, pour this paste into fried fish. Garnish with coriander leaves.