Boil Thai green curry. Ingredients are Beef, Round eggplant, Pea eggplant, Coconut milk and spices.
Shawarma on Nana Road in Thailand
Shawarma – cooking meat that attached around rolling stick can be found in Thailand in area of Muslim or Middle-East people. In this example, street food at Nana road in Bangkok Thailand.
Thai north-eastern style sticky rice streamer. Basket is made from weaved bamboo is called “Huad” (หวด). Pot contains boiling water and basket has many small holes that allow stream to cook.You may buy your own Thai sticky rice streamer from here.
In the picture, coconut custard topping on sweet glutinous rice.
Thai Coconut Custard. Also called in Thai Sang-Kha-Yha (สังขยา). Thai dessert that adopted from Portuguese.
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup sugar (palm sugar preferred)
- 1/8 cup squeezed pandan leaves (Pandanus amaryllifolius, Bai Toey, ใบเตย) or pandan flavour
- Beat, stir everything together until it resembles.
- Pour into casserole dish. Cook by steam at high temperature until brown.
sweet mung bean boiling sugar
Production from previous entry.
Mung Beans Boiling Sugar ( ถั่วเขียวต้มน้ำตาล ), Thai dessert that should not hard to do.
- 1 cup mung beans
- sugar, amount as your taste
- Wash mung beans then rinse. Submerge into water for 3 hours.
- Boil mung beans in 5 cups of water. Also remove bubbles while boiling.
- Wait until beans split then add sugar.
Naam Tok ( น้ำตก, literally means waterfall ), seems to considered as Thai northeastern style seasoned beefsteak. Isan (อีสาน) means northeastern.
- 200 g beef
- 1 tbsp roasted rice, ground
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper, ground
- 1 tbsp chopped shallot
- ½ cup lemon balm leaves
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tsp fish sauce
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- vegetables ( cabbage, snake bean,..)
- Wash beef and slice about 1 cm thick then soak with soy sauce for approximately 1 hour.
- Grill beef on the stove with high heat. Don’t forget to grill both sides, rare or well-done as your taste.
- Slice grilled beef into pieces, mix with fish sauce, lime juice, roasted rice, cayenne pepper, shallot and lemon balm leaves. Eating with vegetables.
Steaming fish and lime ( ปลานึงมะนาว, Pla nueng manow ), simple recipe you can.
- 1 fish, kind as you want
- 1 garlic
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 lemon lime
- Place fish into dish then add chopped garlic, soy sauce, oyster sauce
- Put it into the case of steaming cooking, or just wrap by film then cook by microwave drying oven.
- Finally, squeeze lime.
Pla rad Prik ( ปลาราดพริก ) literally means “chili-covered fish”. Someone may spell Pla Lad Prik. Actually it is fried fish with tasty paste topping.
- 1 fish, any kind as you taste approximately 500g, washed and scales removed
- 1 tbsp tamarind pulp paste
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 2 garlic, chopped
- 1 coriander, leaves and root
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 3 red pepper chili, chopped
- cooking oil, volume enough for deep fry for fish and its paste
- water ( actually it should be found easily in kitchen )
Directions ( fried fish )
- Use knife to slit fish for making indention relates in order that heat can cook whole fish easily.
- Add cooking oil to wok then heat low temperature. Fry fish for one side, it takes approximately 10 minutes. Do not change side to fry to another side until it is fried properly.
- When one side is cooked completely, change to fry another side. It should not take long time as previous side (takes approximately 5 minutes). When both sides cooked. bring out and place into paper in order to remove exceed oil. For more crisp, roast in oven at temperatures 350 °F ( 175 °C ) for 10 minutes.
Directions ( paste for fried fish )
- Add 1 tbsp oil in wok. Heat with low temperature. Then add chili, shallot, coriander root and garlic. Fry together.
- Add tamarind pulp, fish sauce, sugar and 1 tablespoon of water. fry until it boiling. If this paste is too thick, dilute by more water.
- When finished, pour this paste into fried fish. Garnish with coriander leaves.
Tofu soup, it should be considered as vegetarian dish.
- tube of tofu
- shiitake, submerged water to soft
- chopped garlic
- scallion, sliced into pieces
- soy sauce
1. In wok. Fry shiitake with, garlic, scallion, soy sauce.
2. Boil water. Add tube of tofu ( may slice into big dices too ) and mixture from above direction. Garnish with coriander.