Laap ( ลาบ ). Thai northeastern style chopped spicy meat. It may be confused among culinary schools because it is slightly different to Naam Tok.
- 200 g meat ( beef or pork ). Liver also preferred.
- 1 tbsp roasted rice, ground
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper, ground
- 1 tbsp chopped shallot
- ½ cup lemon balm leaves
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tsp fish sauce
- vegetables ( cabbage, snake bean,..)
- Wash meat then chop.
- Cook chopped meat, mix with fish sauce, lime juice, roasted rice, cayenne pepper, shallot and lemon balm leaves. Eating with vegetables.