Mung bean is called in Thai “ถั่วเขียว” ( Thua Kheaw ). It literally means “green bean”. Be careful when communicate to Thai people.
Mung bean can be used to make transparent noodle “วุ้นเส้น” ( Woon Sen ).
Thai north-eastern style sticky rice streamer. Basket is made from weaved bamboo is called “Huad” (หวด). Pot contains boiling water and basket has many small holes that allow stream to cook.You may buy your own Thai sticky rice streamer from here.
Steaming fish and lime ( ปลานึงมะนาว, Pla nueng manow ), simple recipe you can.
- 1 fish, kind as you want
- 1 garlic
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 lemon lime
- Place fish into dish then add chopped garlic, soy sauce, oyster sauce
- Put it into the case of steaming cooking, or just wrap by film then cook by microwave drying oven.
- Finally, squeeze lime.
Kai-lan oyster sauce ( คะน้่าน้ำมันหอย ). Somewhat sweet and tasty ( by oyster sauce ) vegetable dish.
- 2 branches kai-lan
- 1 tsp chopped garlic
- 3 ground chili peppers
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- ¼ tsp sugar
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- Cut kai-lan into pieces. Wash them by water.
- Put pieces of washed kai-lan, ground peppers, oyster sauce, sugar to a bowl.
- Pour vegetable oil to wok. Hottest heat it. Add chopped garlic to hot oil in that wok then put all in that bowl. Then saute quickly.
เต้าหู้สามรส literary means “Three Tofu Marinades”.
- 200g soft tofu
- ½cup corn starch
- 2tbsp ginger
- 3cups cooking oil
- Red peppers and coriander for garnish
- 1tbsp sliced garlic
- 1tbsp chopped ginger
- 1tbsp sugar
- 1tbsp Chinese soy sauce
- ½cup vegetable broth
- 2tbsp salad oil
- Slice tofu as dices then mix with corn starch. Fry in hot oil. Bring dices up to paper for removal oil.
- Fry with sauce in pan by light to medium heat. Then add salad oil. When it heat, add chopped ginger, broth, soy sauce and sugar. For a while, add garlic.