Steaming fish and lime ( ปลานึงมะนาว, Pla nueng manow ), simple recipe you can.
- 1 fish, kind as you want
- 1 garlic
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 lemon lime
- Place fish into dish then add chopped garlic, soy sauce, oyster sauce
- Put it into the case of steaming cooking, or just wrap by film then cook by microwave drying oven.
- Finally, squeeze lime.
Pla rad Prik ( ปลาราดพริก ) literally means “chili-covered fish”. Someone may spell Pla Lad Prik. Actually it is fried fish with tasty paste topping.
- 1 fish, any kind as you taste approximately 500g, washed and scales removed
- 1 tbsp tamarind pulp paste
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 2 garlic, chopped
- 1 coriander, leaves and root
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 3 red pepper chili, chopped
- cooking oil, volume enough for deep fry for fish and its paste
- water ( actually it should be found easily in kitchen )
Directions ( fried fish )
- Use knife to slit fish for making indention relates in order that heat can cook whole fish easily.
- Add cooking oil to wok then heat low temperature. Fry fish for one side, it takes approximately 10 minutes. Do not change side to fry to another side until it is fried properly.
- When one side is cooked completely, change to fry another side. It should not take long time as previous side (takes approximately 5 minutes). When both sides cooked. bring out and place into paper in order to remove exceed oil. For more crisp, roast in oven at temperatures 350 °F ( 175 °C ) for 10 minutes.
Directions ( paste for fried fish )
- Add 1 tbsp oil in wok. Heat with low temperature. Then add chili, shallot, coriander root and garlic. Fry together.
- Add tamarind pulp, fish sauce, sugar and 1 tablespoon of water. fry until it boiling. If this paste is too thick, dilute by more water.
- When finished, pour this paste into fried fish. Garnish with coriander leaves.
Tofu soup, it should be considered as vegetarian dish.
- tube of tofu
- shiitake, submerged water to soft
- chopped garlic
- scallion, sliced into pieces
- soy sauce
1. In wok. Fry shiitake with, garlic, scallion, soy sauce.
2. Boil water. Add tube of tofu ( may slice into big dices too ) and mixture from above direction. Garnish with coriander.
Kai-lan oyster sauce ( คะน้่าน้ำมันหอย ). Somewhat sweet and tasty ( by oyster sauce ) vegetable dish.
- 2 branches kai-lan
- 1 tsp chopped garlic
- 3 ground chili peppers
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- ¼ tsp sugar
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- Cut kai-lan into pieces. Wash them by water.
- Put pieces of washed kai-lan, ground peppers, oyster sauce, sugar to a bowl.
- Pour vegetable oil to wok. Hottest heat it. Add chopped garlic to hot oil in that wok then put all in that bowl. Then saute quickly.
เต้าหู้สามรส literary means “Three Tofu Marinades”.
- 200g soft tofu
- ½cup corn starch
- 2tbsp ginger
- 3cups cooking oil
- Red peppers and coriander for garnish
- 1tbsp sliced garlic
- 1tbsp chopped ginger
- 1tbsp sugar
- 1tbsp Chinese soy sauce
- ½cup vegetable broth
- 2tbsp salad oil
- Slice tofu as dices then mix with corn starch. Fry in hot oil. Bring dices up to paper for removal oil.
- Fry with sauce in pan by light to medium heat. Then add salad oil. When it heat, add chopped ginger, broth, soy sauce and sugar. For a while, add garlic.
Pumpkin in Coconut Milk ( ฟักทองแกงบวด Faak Tong Kaeng Buad ) like previous menu but use pumpkin instead of banana. This is dessert, not soup.
- Clean pumpkin then peel its skin, also remove its seeds. Slice to small chunks like dices.
- In a pot, heat coconut milk slowly. Add salt then stir constantly.
- When coconut milk hot, put sliced pumpkin chunks wait until it is boiled.
- Add sugar.
Tom Yam Goong ( ต้มยำกุ้ง Thai Hot and Sour Shrimp Soup ) well-known Thai cuisine.
- 7-8 Shrimps ( prawn )
- 350 grams mushrooms ( sarjor-caju mushrooms preferred )
- 1 lemon grass
- 7-8 leaves kaffir leaves
- 2 Corianders
- 5 chili peppers
- 3 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tbsp hot and spice paste ( น้ำพริกเผา Nam Prig Paou )
- 4 tablespoon lime juice
- 5 cups chicken broth
- Wash the shrimps and mushrooms. Remove shrimps’ shell. After removing black color line in shrimps. The mushrooms will be cut as 4-part split.
- Take the lemon grass and fresh coriander, Kaffir leaves, chili pepper to wash with water. Drain, then shred lemon grass slant. Shred kaffir leaves and remove middle line from the leaves. Beat chili pepper then split. Slice coriander.
- Open the stove moderately vigorous. Water entered the soup pot. Wait until heat then put kaffir leaves and lemon grass. Boil for 5 minutes.
- Put the mushrooms and shrimp. Wait until about 2-3 minutes then turn off heat stove.
- Garnish with a variety of flavors, is the fish sauce, lime juice and paste. Garnish with coriander. Then stir.
Khao Pad Gai ( ข้าวผัดไก่ literally means chicken fried rice )
- Peanut oil (for frying)
- 1 large chicken breast, sliced in thin strips
- 2 eggs (do not beat!)
- 4 cups (900g) cooked, cold (meaning refrigerated for a while) Thai jasmine rice
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped into strips
- 3/4 roma tomato, also in strips
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup (180g) cilantro (coriander), finely chopped
- Fish sauce
- Soy sauce
- Palm sugar ( if not available, use just sugar )
- 2 Cloves Fried garlic (made by mincing the cloves and frying them until brown in 2 Tablespoon oil. Save the oil with the garlic as well!)
- Make sure that all of the ingredients in small bowls right by the wok/large frying pan.
- Add about 4 Tablespoon peanut oil to the wok and turn the flame on high heat.
- When the oil is almost smoking, add the chicken strips and push around vigorously with a wok spoon or spatula.
- When the chicken seems like it is starting to brown, push it up the side of the wok and crack the eggs in it.
- Stir the eggs around a bit. When almost fully scrambled, mix in the chicken and stir around for 30 seconds more.
- Push the eggs/chicken to the side, add some more oil, and throw in the tomato and onion. Stir-fry for about 5 minutes. They will not look done, but in the end, they will be fine.
- Add the cold cooked rice and mix it all in.
- Turn the heat to low and then throw a few splashes of nam pla and soy sauce on to taste.
- Put about a tablespoon of sugar (or more if wanted), a teaspoon of salt (the same applies), a splash of vinegar, and two tablespoons of chili sauce if wanted. Lastly, put the garlic on top as well.
- Stir it all in and turn off the heat.
- On a large platter, arrange the garnishes on a lettuce leaf, and plate the fried rice next to it.
Tom Yum Gai ( ต้มยำไก่ ) Chicken Sour & Spicy Soup
- 400 grams (about 1lb) boneless chicken meat diced
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 100 grams (3.5 oz) straw mushrooms, halved 6 cherry tomatoes
- 1 fresh lemon grass stem cut into short lengths
- 2-3 kaffir lime leaves, torn
- 3 tbsp fish sauce
- 4 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 5-6 hot fresh Thai chilies, just broken with pestle
- Place the broth in a pot, add the lemon grass and kaffir lime leavess, and bring to boil over medium heat.
- Add the chicken meat, mushroom, fish sauce, lime juice, and sugar. Cook slowly and uncovered for 10 minutes. Do not stir.
- Add the tomatoes and chilies and cook for 5 more minutes. Remove from heat. 4 servings.